Ahmed Ansari was born and raised in Mumbai. While in college, he worked doing textile, jewelry and commercial design including Arabic calligraphy. Mr. Ansari left India and worked for nine years as a graphic designer and art director in advertising agencies in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia. In 1990, he immigrated to the U.S. when he was hired by an international advertising agency in Boulder, Colorado. For more than 30 years, Mr. Ansari’s commercial work focused on digital media and web design. In the last few years he has focused his attention on his life-long love of Arabic calligraphy and fine art painting. Mr. Ansari resides in Chantilly, Virginia. Mr. Ansari can be reached at email@example.com.
My artistic inspiration comes from nature and my own spiritual journey. After losing much of my vision to glaucoma I spend time every day walking through wooded paths near my home grateful that I am still able to witness the changing seasons. I see the dappled sunlight through the leaves of the trees and as I listen to the birdsong I hear God’s words in my head reminding me that He has created all of it. The sparkling light stays with me as I return to my studio where I integrate my experiences with the Islamic calligraphy I have practiced since my boyhood. I render verses of the Quran, or the beautiful names of God in calligraphy first and then interpret their meaning with acrylic media on the canvas to create unique art that will inspire.
ACTIVE MEMBER OF THESE SOCIETIES:
- Torpedo Factory Artists’ Association (TFAA)
- Vienna Arts Society (VAS)
- National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society (NOAPS)
- Oil Painters of America
- The Laguna Plein Air Painters Association
- Mid-Atlantic Plein Air Painters Association (MAPAPA)
- Torpedo Factory, (TAG Gallery), Alexandria, VA
- The Art League, Alexandria, VA
- 5th Annual Juried International Exhibition of Contemporary Islamic Art, Irving, TX
- Loudoun County Government Center, Leesburg, VA
- The ADAMS Center, Sterling, VA
- Workhouse Arts Center, Lorton, VA